Friday, March 6, 2009

Chichester Psalms*

For those of you who don't know I'm in the school choir and for our spring concert on April 21 we are performing, among other things, the Chichester Psalms composed by Leonard Bernstein. Dr. Erb has told us to find a version to listen to, and I thought I'd let y'all find it right here. I love the theme of the first movement, and the surprise in the second movement valde mihi placet. *Ahem* Sorry, it makes me very happy. Enjoy!


Chichester Psalms for Chorus and Orchestra/I. Psalm 108 (verse 2) & Psalm 100 (complete) - New York Philharmonic;Leonard Bernstein


Chichester Psalms For Chorus And Orchestra/II. Psalm 23, entire; Psalm 2, verses 1 - 4* - Leonard Bernstein


Chichester Psalms For Chorus And Orchestra/III. Psalm 131, entire; Psalm 133, verse 1 - Leonard Bernstein

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That's such an awesome piece, I LOVE singing it. But, just so you know, those songs that you posted are on thirty second clips. I tried to post all those too, but only the second movement is full length (which is why I only posted that one). :? Lame, hm? Yeah, you bet. Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for all the links! Isn't it exciting we get to sing this stuff?!?!

    ReplyDelete